Bought a Laptop :)

i finally a bought a new laptop yesterday.

its HP DV4 1242 TX. it looks cool and have a pretty good configuration.

today ill  create a recovery disc first and then will start all sort of R&D in my laptop 🙂

hv a look at my laptop….

Balu's Laptop

Balu's Laptop

Post navigation

One thought on “Bought a Laptop :)

1. March 25, 2009 at 6:02 am

After a long time u made it.. Lets rock

2. March 25, 2009 at 6:28 am

thanks JP. cheers!

3. Shams
    March 27, 2009 at 5:38 am

I am looking to buy 1242 TX. How is your experience with the new laptop?

• March 27, 2009 at 5:53 am

hi shamsudinladha,
      this laptop is cool.but if u want 2 instal XP its quite tedious as most HP laptop does not support Windows XP.
      other than that its really nice.
      this weekend im planning 2 instal high end games n video s/w to test the graphics stuf. will post it later about graphics card.
      n thanks 4 stopin by my post.

4. Nur Afiqah
    April 11, 2009 at 4:15 am

thnx 4 viewing my blog..^^..nice lappy though..same as me..;p

5. Manoj
    May 28, 2009 at 6:10 pm

I am planning to buy dv 4 1242 tx which costs around 54k. Would u plz let me know abt da performance.

thnks in advance..

• May 28, 2009 at 7:16 pm

hi Manoj,
      this laptop is gud in performance.
      i tried playing few games like nfs most wanted,counter strike. the performance is ok.
      but pls note tat some drivers for windows XP is not available n wont work properly.its better 2 hv vista in it.
      and HP has some default s/w like HP Media Smart tat loads while startup which makes it a bit slow.
      other than tat its a gud choice.

and dont forget to update “Vista Service Pack2” once when u bought the laptop.

6. Manoj
    May 29, 2009 at 4:17 am

thanks a lot for your reply Bala,
    As mainly i will be using this laptop for flash,flex and some other database stuffs. I have been to a couple of showrooms in hyderabad and i doubt they provide SP2 but vista premium. Only i am quite confused about the display 14,1. please share your experience with this laptop or pros and cons. It costs around 54 k here.I am planning to get it by today evening.

I came throug some other models also around 45k with almost same configuration but with AMD and ATI graphics, as i m not so sure about these both two dont want to take a chance.

Please suggest your points regarding the same,

7. May 29, 2009 at 6:40 am

i hv not tried flash n flex in my machine.
    but i hope it shud be performing well.
    n one drawback is, it has 5400 rpm, it wud be better if the hard drive has 7200 rpm.

and regarding screen size, 14.1 inch is wat i prefer,cos laptop shud b compact,
    but those who work in design may need a bigger its ur choice..

if ur budget is offordable, y dont u go 4 a processor wic has more thn 2.0 ghz n has l2 cache of 8mb?

i wud prefer intel rather thn amd.
    n dont bother abt sp2. u can update it from internet after buying. sp2 will increase around 20 gb of ur hard drive free space…

all the best dude. decide n buy a gud laptop.

8. Manoj
    May 29, 2009 at 6:59 am

hmm thanks a lot for your suggestion and comments…my budgest is more or less 50k so lets c…

9. May 29, 2009 at 7:20 am

hi manoj, do inform me after buying a laptop..
    cheers !

10. Manoj
    May 29, 2009 at 9:11 am

Sure Balu,
    As far as my decission is concerned its dv 4 1242 tx so far, but if you have some other good models in the same range of 50-54k.

11. Manoj
    May 29, 2009 at 12:05 pm

If you get any update on the 1242 model or some other good model between the same range.. plz let me know..

12. May 30, 2009 at 5:18 am

sure dude.

13. Manoj
    May 31, 2009 at 5:10 am

Hi balu,

Did you get any offer which you need to apply online in hp site or somewhere..? like you will be getting some cellphone etc..

14. May 31, 2009 at 6:15 am

No,i dint get any offer.i jus bought directly in the hp showroom.

15. Manoj
    June 3, 2009 at 4:19 am

Can you please tell me..4gb ram is dedicated or shared..?
    i got one wireless mouse and one cooling pad with fan attached to it.

16. June 3, 2009 at 6:31 am

hi manoj,
    1st congratz 4 buying a laptop. 🙂
    the ram all we use is dedicated only.

its cool that u hv got a wireless mouse and cooling pad.
    how much the laptop costed.and hows its performance? do u like it ?

17. Manoj
    June 4, 2009 at 9:26 am

HI balu,

it costs around 54,200k including wireless mouse and cooling pad(I got that instead of the so called free gifts they are providing). and so far i have not loaded many softwares only flex. today i will be loading some games, lets c how it performs. The fingerprint reader workds quite as well.

18. June 4, 2009 at 11:19 am

ok manoj,tats g8.
    njoy with ur new laptop. 🙂

19. Kam
    March 29, 2012 at 2:43 am

Real good blog post and follow up comments. Hey B! you were very helpful to the world of Internet.